Pan fried chicken pieces, smothered in savory creamy sauce with sliced mushrooms. Top it on a bowl of rice or pasta, and lunch or dinner is good!
Mushrooms used to be just a house for dwarves when we were kids. Now, it is part of the culinary world and is heavily used in multiple recipes. Aside from its nutritional value, mushrooms are also extremely versatile and can be added to almost all savory dishes- from pasta to pizzas, rice dishes, soups, and sauces. There are varieties of creamy chicken recipes all over the globe. There are chicken curry recipes, creamy chicken soup, and creamy chicken pasta recipes, and many more. There are also different ingredients to make the sauce and soup creamy; some would use heavy cream, or milk, or coconut cream. Regardless, they give that delightful taste that goes really well with any proteins. The Creamy Chicken with Mushroom ingredients are straightforward — cream, chicken, and mushroom! It’s really uncomplicated.
Creamy Chicken with Mushrooms
- 400 grams chicken cuts
- 1 can sliced shiitake mushroom
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- ½ chicken cube or ½ tbsp chicken seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Spanish Paprika
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 white onion finely diced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ¼ cup water
- Cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken cuts. In a mixing bowl, add the cleaned chicken, 1 tbsp salt, and ½ tbsp black pepper. Mix them all using your clean hands, until black pepper and salt are well combined into the meat. Wash your hands with soap after handling chicken, to avoid cross contamination. Marinate the chicken for at least 10 minutes. While waiting, prepare the onions, garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook the chicken. Heat up a frying pan under medium fire, and add 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Once the oil is nice and hot, add the chicken cuts one by one, skin side down. Cook for a total of 12 minutes, if you’re using dark meat, or 5 minutes, if you’re using white meat. Set aside the cooked chicken pieces.
- Make the creamy sauce. Using the same pan where you fried the chicken, saute the onions and garlic for 1 minute under medium low fire, or until the onions are translucent and tender. Add the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, or until the mushrooms slightly shrink in size. Add the chicken cube or seasoning, and let it combine with the mushrooms. Add the butter, and let it melt into the mushrooms. Add water, and deglaze the pan. Let it simmer under low fire for 15 seconds, then add the cream. Bring it to a soft simmer for 1 minute, then add the cooked chicken back to the pan. Mix with the sauce, and simmer again for 5 to 8 minutes under low fire, stirring occasionally. Turn off heat once done.
- Serve! Transfer to a serving bowl or dish. Pair it with cooked white rice or some pasta.